Friday 24 December 2010

'Tis the day before Christmas....


Just a bit of fun that was going round my head in the wakeful hours in the night.  I really do hope you all stay well and happy over the festive time and look forward to catching up with all my blogging friends after Christmas.  Love and hugs to you all. xxxx


'Tis the day before Christmas, been up half the night,
The cough ain't no better and I'm feeling quite s***e.
I've kept away from the others but share all that's mine,
The other half's got it, it's like flu...maybe swine?

The house looks quite pretty, lights flash off and on,
They're lit up like Blackpool but the high spirit's gone.
The conservatory looks just like Santa's own grotto,
Make the best of it all is usually my motto.

Another day's rest is what we need I am sure,
If you've got any tips or a really good cure.
Please share them with us and help us feel better,
But don't come a calling just send in a letter.

When Santa comes later there's one thing that I ask,
If he's coming to deliver then please wear a mask.
If he doesn't take precautions then of course he may find,
That he takes a lot more with him than he ever leaves behind.


Cough! cough! splutter! splutter!

13 comments:

Twiglet said...

Oh Annie - thats brilliant!! Fancy you being well enough to pen that!! See you later in my gas mask!

Posie said...

That made me smile, hope you don't have the flu Wispo. Have a fantastic Christmas x

Susanne said...

Fighting a cold here too, and so your poem made me chuckle. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Nicks said...

Brilliant poem but hope you soon feel better xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Brilliant!
Merry Christmas
Julie xxxxxxxx

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Well burger - one Xmas Present you can do with out. Love the poem and still see you have your sense of humour.

A as Merry as you can make it Xmas - cook when you have to, rest all you can . . .

Mrs A. said...

Love the poem. I coughed and spluttered all through it.

Darla said...

You are sick and you can still write so well? Amazing! Hope you feel better soon.

Happy Holidays!

Darla

Fairy Nuff said...

Brilliant Poem Wipso and I do hope you both feel better tomorrow.

BadPenny said...

Brilliant ! I'm shivering & not from excitement - have the bug - great timing ! Happy Christmas & keep warm x

Carmen said...

Brilliant! Merry Christmas and I hope the nasty bug leaves you alone soon :)

Felted House said...

Well that's a brilliant poem, but sadly not worth being ill enough in the first place to have enough subject matter for it! Do hope you feel lots better soon - we've had to cancel our Christmas trip away because my mum's so ill, so we feel a bit lacking in Christmas cheer too! Lots of love to you xxxx

JoZart Designs said...

Great chuckle! Fab! Hope you managed to enjoy Christmas. Best gift I had was that my little grandee came out of intensive care to a normal ward on Christmas eve.
Have posted details of my HangAbout fabric buckets if you'd like details.
Hugs JoZarty x