Friday 27 November 2015

This week's smiles.........week 147

Happy Friday to you all.  Thanks to all who joined in last week by adding your own smiles.....it really is right that if you smile the world smiles with you.  Smiles are contagious so please keep up the good work folks.
I would like to share Lisca's post from last week.  I'm such an old softie and the poem at the end just melted my heart.  Thanks for sharing it Lisca.

My smiles this week have mostly revolved round our nearly finished kitchen and we have had lots of giggles here with coping with the in between kitchens situation.....you can guarantee that whatever you are doing you will need something that is in the other kitchen to the one you are busy in.....I'm sure all the extra exercise will be doing me good :-)

I am also smiling because I have had my annual full MOT at the Dr's having had my bloods taken 2 weeks ago.  My Dr was very pleased with me and says that I have my diabetes so well under control with diet alone that I only need blood tests doing yearly.  My asthma is well treated with the puffers I use so that was brilliant and while there she also gave me my Flu jab.  In just 10 minutes she made me feel really chuffed and I came home grinning.  :-)

I have a couple of pics to share with you that our daughter Amy sent me of their dog, Poppy.  This is her first Christmas with them and I have a feeling she is going to enjoy it all....she's such a good dog.



She is happy to pose for photos any time....even when wearing her festive headband :-)



And she is joining in the Christmas festivities too by enjoying her own mince pie but before anyone worries at her eating raisins hers are bought specially made for dogs and are made of rawhide!

Yes she is totally spoilt and Amy has already put up their Christmas decorations!....she has always loved Christmas and likes it to last as long as she can.  :-)







That's all from me for this week.  Please leave me a little comment to let me know you've called by and if you have smiles of your own please link them up below so we can all pop over to check them out.  Thanks for calling in.
Hugs,
Annie x

11 comments:

Helen said...

wow a month of Christmas decorations! isn't Poppy good allowing the antlers. well done on your MOT, that's good news. xx

Lisca said...

Congratulation on the good outcome of your MOT! Well done girl! It takes some discipline to keep a diabetic diet. And in spite of all the dust and stress, your asthma is OK too. That is truly wonderful. I would dance up and down and cry:Praise God!

The photos of Poppy are so sweet! What a good dog!. Has she pulled the tree down yet?

Thank you for featuring me and our anniversary. I'm an old soppy too. After all, it's all about 'lurve'!

Have a good week and keep grinning!

Lisca

Barb said...

What wonderful news from your Dr. Annie. Well done you. I love the photos of Poppy. She looks a lovely girl and set for a very Happy Christmas by the look of things. Have a happy week. Barbxx

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm with you on the Dr giving you a reason to be happy, that's great work Mrs! The kitchen thing I totally get - it's like taking your workroom to a crop and still not having what you need! We have several well lit houses around here, will try to snap a photo for sure, but Amy isnt alone in not being able to resist the sparkle!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Oh I love the dog. Such a cutie. Don't think my Baxter would let me put reindeer ears on him. Glad to hear all is ok with you and the house is coming together. Take care Zo xx

Hettie said...

Well done on being such a good girl.
Poppy looks adorable. Our Dobby wont keep things on for a minute, except when I sometimes put a bandana on, or his wax jacket! When he has his jacket on he prances round like a show pony!
Hugs
xxx

mamapez5 said...

Lovely pictures of Poppy. She was lucky to find such a loving home. I shall put my decorations up as soon as I can find a spare couple of hours. I love to see them and always do them as early as I can. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Poppy is very good, my girl dog hates being dressed up though my boy dog is so thick he puts up with anything and just sits there looking at you and wondering what's going on. Pleased to hear the kitchen's nearly finished, it's only when you don't have one that you realise how much you need them. Bit late today as I have to admit, I have been out early with the girls for coffee and some girly chats.
Take care, Angela x

Twiglet said...

I have just posted 90% of my xmas cards! Well done Amy on getting going with Xmas already but I have a feeling they might be sick of it by Jan 1st!! xxx

tilly said...

Sorry I am inbetween posts lol..... I had to have lessons how to take pictures from my new phone on to the laptop!!!! I hate technollogy lol
XX

Creative Cardiology said...

Love the pics of Poppy. My late big guy was the only one out of our three dogs who would wear the antlers.
Bravo for doing so well healthwise--a lot of people can't control diabetes with diet alone.
I don't know if you saw my post from last Monday, but your three comments must have been the charm cause you were my winner! Just send me your snail mail address to scrapworx@hotmail.ca and I will pop them in the post for you.
Hugs,
Michelle