Wednesday 6 July 2016

WOYWW....

Wahoooo. Another week has passed and here we are at another 'best day of the week' when we all link up with our creative friends and share our work desks. I did rather better last week and managed to visit many more of my blogging friends. Little Milly is settling in well and is allowing me an odd five mins here and there now to get on the computer even if she rather likes to sit on me at the time.....one day she will realise she's too big to do this but until them I will be wallowing in my cuddles.

So.....what's on my desk today?


This is all that's left of the material I showed you last week because I've now finished covering the Moses basket and hood.  I have a little project in mind for these....but you will have to wait to see what it is  :-)








Here it is. It took quite a while cos the original cover was made in stretch fabric but they wanted it covering in ivory poly cotton and wanted it wadded so I had to make allowances for the lack of stretch with the pattern pieces.










I have also made the quilt in the fabric I showed you last week....it's random patchwork and has appliqué on it and I've snapped a pic but am keeping it secret until they have seen it so will have to keep you waiting for that...... I'm a tease aren't I? :-)


That's all I'm sharing for today apart from this pic of little Milly for those that like to watch her grow :-)  She is in her fav place while I'm using the computer hehehe

Thanks for dropping by. If you leave me a little hello message I will do my best to pay you a return visit ASAP. Here's hoping Julia is continuing to make a good steady recovery and thanks to Jan for keeping us linked up til Julia can return to the helm.
Hugs,
Annie x

20 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Awh little Milly knows who her mama is. It's so nice to see she has settled. What a beautiful life she will lead.
Thanks for the update on Julia, I hope she can get a bit of sunshine to help her recouperate
Lynn xxx 8

Twiglet said...

A very neat job if I may say so!! x

Tertia said...

Glad to hear Millie has settled in. I love that basket, reminds me of one I used to have when mine were little.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #10

Inside the artists shed said...

Moses basket looks lovely but not as cute as Milly nestling in there. Looking forward to seeing your teases. Have a happy week x Jackie 14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, you're right! don't know what we did before Wet Ones and yes they are brilliant for using with dirty dogs. Someone looks real comfy there and the Moses basket looks great. I was shocked to realise I hadn't joined your followers but I have now, I think we are so busy visiting and chatting that we forget about it. Have a great woyww and happy crafty sewing, Angela x 15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a great pic of Milly snuggling in! She has settle d so incredibly well, I think you are a wonderful match! The Moses basket is great, getting the fabric to fit all those curves must have been fun and I can't wait to see how the quilt turned out. Amazing, knowing you!
HUgs, LLJ xxx

Christine said...

Love the new covering on the basket - a bit fiddly but so worth it.
Please may I join Milly's fan club? She is gorgeous, looks rather cheeky as well!
Have a good week
Christine
aka Bishopsmate #21

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that looks terrific Annie, the new parents will be thrilled. Thanks for the eye stuff tip, will go talk to pharmacist..the lacrilube is great, is about the level of 'wet"' that I need but I end up needing it in the daytime too, the drops just don't do it, within about an. Hour of persevering I'm in aggers. And then my screen time is much reduced and I have to go back to just taping my eye shut. Frustrating. Still, sure it will iron itself out eventually! miss Milly is certainly making the most of being the baby in the family! She's gorgeous.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, it's always lovely to see your projects, so I can marvel at how clever you are! Love Milly, isn't she a sweetie? As Mikey has got older he gets more like Ant in every way. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

LisaDV said...

You are quite the tease! The moses basket turned out great. Your little Milly is so adorable. She looks quite content there. Happy Wednesday! LisaDV #28

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Cheers! missed all of last week, but peeped about and had a big smile with those precious grands. Your little Milly offers so much energy and love ! what a cutie. Enjoy a great week.

Sharon said...

Milly looks so very cute! Enjoy cuddling with her. I liked seeing your Moses basket. I had one with my first two children but I don't see them (not here in US) that often so it brings back memories. Sigh. Can't believe my kids actually ever fitted in one!

Have a great week
Sharon K #27

Helen said...

aw, sweet! love the Moses basket too. Helen#1

Neet said...

Aaw - what a lovely photo of you and Milly, What an absolute sweetie she is. Now who enjoys the cuddles most I wonder!
Great job with the Moses basket, it looks lovely and so comfortable. Don't mind the teases, something nice to look forward to.
Thanks for visiting me earlier - have a good week.
Hugs, Neet 2 xxx

Anonymous said...

That moses basket is very adorable, any baby put in there is a lucky baby.

April said...

Milly is adorable. Love the basket.
April #32

craftyani said...

Bet Millie has been eyeing up that Moses basket. Better watch when the baby is put in there she might think it is hers.

ToadilyDiane said...

Little Milly is adorable as are your crafting goodies.
Have a great day!
Diane #24

okienurse said...

awesome job on the basket… I look forward to seeing the blanket next week. Little Miss Milly seems to found her niche in her Moma's heart. Aren't fur babies the most awesome thing…all the love and the willingness to share! It has been a while since I have posted anything or participated in WOYWW! It has been a year of medical issues and I have become kind a recluse of sorts. Vickie #43

dmgarafalo said...

It is stunning, you are going to make new mommies all over the world envious..hugs, donna #16