Wednesday 20 July 2016

WOYWW.....

I must start off this week by saying sorry.  I managed to upload my blog post but really struggled with life and what it threw at me last week and also I had loads of sewing through my door so my return visits were few and far between.  A huge thank you to those that called in here and I promise I will aim to do better this week.

So here's what you came to see today.....



I found an idea on Pinterest to make an eye spy quilt and as I have loads of suitable fabric and 5 [soon to be 6] grandchildren who I was certain would get lots of pleasure playing with one I pulled out my fabrics and cut 80 squares out yesterday.

It was my day off yesterday and just like the bus man's holiday I spent it sewing.  I guess that tells you that it's far more than just a job to me.  

This is how far I got with my quilt........


I stitched my squares into 8 rows of 10 with all the squares facing different directions so the quilt can be viewed from all 4 sides.  As you can see I miscounted and had actually cut out 81 squares lol......guess that's a square towards the next one. :-) :-)

That's all I have to share with you in my sewing room today but I am certain you will all like to share the gorgeous sunflowers that one of my customers bought for me this week....

Aren't they gorgeous?....Far too pretty to not share them with you all.
I hope you are all having a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

20 comments:

BJ said...

Super quilt idea. Happy WOYWW BJ#10

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. What a fun quilt. Good therapy - along with the little dog - for when life throws lemons your way!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Inside the artists shed said...

Never heard of an I spy quilt before so I had to look it up - what a great idea for kids - and the idea reminds me of the nursery rhyme wall paper I had when I was very young - meant I learnt every rhyme. Have a good week x Jackie 18

Twiglet said...

I love it - just think of the fun they will have searching for this and that!! x Jo

Neet said...

Loved sharing your sunflowers, brightened this whinging woman up. Still hurting and bleeding so had little sleep.
Love love love your quilt. What a fabulous idea and what fabulous fabrics you seem to have on there. Wish I could sew like you can - such a talent.
Hugs and thanks for your visit, Neet xx

Lisca said...

Beautiful sunflowers! So sunny! I bet you are enjoying those! (I am and they are only virtual for me)
I think the I spy quilt is a super idea. There is lots to see and spy on those pieces of fabric. I suppose you could substitute one of the fishes for the whales if it is left over. Your grandies will love it!
I hope life is throwing a bit less at you at the moment and you can enjoy the summer weather.
Have a great week,
Lisca

Chidkid said...

What a totally awesome idea! Love it..and I'm sure your GCs will too. TFS. Elaine no. 15

sandra de said...

Your quilt will be fabulous and always lovely to see how simple you make it seem. Have a lovely week
sandra de @32

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, aren't those short sunflowers wonderful? Whoever bred them is a genius. Love the quilt, and amazed how fast you put it together. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #3

Sharon said...

Wow you got a lot done! I bet it will look beautiful when it's done. Hope you'll share with us!

Have a good week
Sharon K#37

LisaDV said...

I had never heard of an eye spy quilt. What a fabulous idea!! Gorgeous sunflowers. Happy Wednesday, LisaDV #33.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The Quilt looks interesting, look forward to seeing it completed. Gorgeous sunflowers too. I'm sorry to tease you with the project on my desk but it wont be too long until I can show you what it is. Have a great woyww, Angela x 19

Helen said...

Loving the quilt. I do wish I could sew (neatly) I'd love to be able to make something like that. not that I have the space for a sewing machine let alone all the fabric cutting etc.. but you get where I'm coming from. Helen #4

Lea.H said...

your quilt looks amazing already, really looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished item! Lea #50

Dorlene Durham said...

Great idea for a blanket and you sure did get really far on it. Very nice. Dorlene #43

dmgarafalo said...

omg - thats amazing - bothe the quilt & your progress. The sunflowers are gorgeous! I love fresh flowers. have a blessed day, donna #41

Nikki said...

That is such a fun quilt I love that it's an eye spy quilt I'm sure they will love playing with it
Hugs Nikki 1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a great idea! I love the fabrics you've picked out. The children will love exploring that, so much to find :-)
Sorry that life continues to be up and down for you, sending you big hugs to let you know I am thinking of you xxx
Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. What a great idea for a quilt. My granddaughers would love that - perhaps one day I will make one (or not!). Ali x #30

Lynn Holland said...

You are a star Annie. I guess your stitching acts as a great diversion on the days that things are not so bright
Love Lynn xx