Wednesday 8 November 2017

WOYWW....

Another week has passed and lots has been going on on my desk this week so here's a quick catch up...




The pretty fabrics you saw on my desk last week were stroked and pondered over and eventually I cut them out into 36 x 6" squares having removed the spotty one as suggested by Catriona last week....she was right that it didn't go with the others.  Here I am mid joining the pieces together.....Coffee cup handy of course.



Here it is wadded, backed, quilted and edges bound...I like to do a row of a pretty machine embroidery to hold the binding in place to finish it off.....I'm sure this will put a smile on the face of the birthday girl I've made it for.



I then moved on to making some bunting to go in a new shop near Doncaster....pretty fabric isn't it?


This is actually my desk this morning....I'm making two bears for a Foster mum so that the bears can be given to the two little ones she has at the mo when they move on to their new adoptive parents....isn't it a lovely idea and I'm sure the bears will hold very happy memories for them.....I do get asked to make some really special bears don't I?


There you go.  Just a quick round up but I hope you've enjoyed your visit.  Please leave me a little message and I will do my best to pop over to yours when I get a spare minute.....I don't always get many of those so if I don't call by then please forgive me....I do my best.
Hugs,
Annie x

15 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That quilt did turn out lovely, the colours are soft and pretty! You have been a busy bee this week and hose memory bears are indeed a special pair - how lovely.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Ellie said...

That's such a sweet idea with the bears, very happy bears and children I'm sure. Your quilt is incredible, I wish I could make one, I'm shocking at sewing and using sewing machines haha. It's an accident waiting to happen. Can't wait to see the finished bears!
Ellie #7

Cardarian said...

Hi Annie! I haven't been blogging for a while but I am back now. I love all the cute things you have made - the little quilt ahh love it! The idea of the two bears for the foster children - well you are lucky to be able to make so special things! I am so happy we met at the crop - it was such fun!
Love and lots of hugs
CARDARIAN

Marit said...

I love the quilt, an embrodery stitch will be a lovely finishing touch! And yes, those are special bears to make... I'm sure you will not only will make them look beautiful but that you will pour a lot of love in it too! Have a warm and bright day, happy woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #19

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Annie all your fabric is lovely. Pretty colors and you make such good use of it all. I love the projects you have shared. I also envy a new space, I need some hidden shelves, so much clutter but I need to SEE things to use them. But just thankful for my big space. Enjoy a great week

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, love the story about the 'foster bears'. That actually tells you all you need to know about the foster Mum, doesn't it? Love the quilt, very pretty. Coffee mug? Now that is a fabulous idea. I'm off to make myself one now. :) Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 XxX

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. A great finished quilt - well done. And that is a lovely idea for the bears to go with the babies when they move on. A lovely memory for them as they grow.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Sarah Brennan said...

I'm not surprised you don't get many spare minutes. Love the quilt and the thought of those special memory bears bought tears to my eyes. Thanks for visiting earlier. I've finally finished all the data so thought I'd make a few visits while I have a bit of time too. Sarah #27

Helen said...

loving your quilt, and yes, what a wonderful idea for the foster mum to give her little ones! Helen #1

Neet said...

A special lady making special bears. Lovely idea from the foster mum.
Love the quilt you have made - now should we know this special little girl?
The bunting looks very nice too - you do make some pretty things Annie.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Anne said...

Hello Annie the quilt is gorgeous and love the bunting. The bears are a super idea. I wish I had a few more hours in the week, think I would like to get back into some sewing. Have a good week. Anne x #26

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, gorgeous Patchwork quilt, love the colours. Busy as ever. Have a great and crafty WOYWW, Angela x14x

Heather M said...

Hi Annie. What a beautiful quilt ... maybe I will dig out my sewing machine and try and attempt one for my grand daughter. I made some curtains and a cushion cover for her nursery, but they were a lot simpler than the quilt looks. You do make some lovely teddies,no wonder they are always in demand. Have a lovely week, Heather #5

craftyani said...

Your quilt is lovely and I am sure the recipient will be very grateful. Seeing that bunting reminded me I still have to do some Christmas ones for decorating my stall. Oh is there no end in sight. Anickoana

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, the quilt is lovely and finishing with decorative stitching sounds perfect. I bet the bunting is going to decorate the shop very prettily too. I think that's a lovely gift for the fostered children to take on to their new life. None of my foster children were adopted, they all went back to their families eventually, but your bears would have been the perfect keepsake - shame I didn't know you back then. Hugs, Ellie x #22